Why do I get a bill when I didn't use any water?

If you did not submit to the District in writing to terminate your service, the district may assess a minimum base charge each billing period, regardless of whether water was use.

How do I dispute a bill?

Contact the administrative office Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm and speak to a customer service representative for help first. In most cases they can solve the issue by reviewing the readings with the customer, or issuing a service work order to do a re-read on the meter. If the customer service representative has not resolved your issue and you feel you have a further dispute then you can submit a written statement to the general manager in writing in the following ways;

  • BY MAIL= ECCFWSD, PO Box 309, Mabank, Tx 75147
  • IN PERSON = 115 Hammer Road, Gun Barrel City, Tx 75156
  • BY FAX = 903-887-4299
  • BY EMAIL = csr1@eastcedarcreek.net

Customers are still responsible for paying the bill until the dispute is resolved.

What if I can't pay the payment due by the termination date?

If you are unable to make the payment by the termination date you can apply for a payment arrangement PRIOR to the termination of service. Once water is turned off no payment arrangements can be made. This option is allowed only twice per a rolling twelve (12) month period and is subject for approval by management.

We also have a list of helpful resources which are companies, churches, organizations, etc who help the community with utilities under some circumstances.

I had a water leak, can I get reimbursed?

The district has a leak adjustment program which customers can utilize one-time only for the life time of the account. You must submit to the Administrative Office a copy/copies of the plumbing bill and/or receipts showing the parts purchased to fix the leak. You must also sign our leak adjustment agreement to acknowledge that you still are required to pay on the account every month until the adjustment has been approved or denied. You are still required to pay your account on your normal due date. Any leak adjustment that is less than 1,000 gallons will not be considered.